Clear polycarbonate extrusions are one of the best ways to create the parts necessary for LED lighting. Extrudex is a leader in offering these types of services. Here are just a few of the options that we offer:
- Extrudex produces UL-94 approved polycarbonate materials. When you are considering a polycarbonate project for LED lighting, it is important to ensure that you are using UL-94 approved materials. The team at Extrudex has ready access to a wide variety of materials that are ideal for this application, including Lexan® and Makrolon®.
- Size is not an issue. With LED lights being used in so many different applications, it is critical that you have the option to go as big or as small as you need to in order to meet your design specifications. Extrudex can produces a wide variety of sizes that include polycarbonate parts up to 5 ½” OD and various wall thicknesses up to ½” for the finished product.
- LED lights are used in many industries. LED lighting has become one of the leading lighting options for both residential and commercial use. Knowing that your design and materials are certified with the professional UL-94, UL® or UL-94 VO standards will help you to promote them and assure your customers that they have been created with the tightest tolerances.
- Clear polycarbonate is the best solution for LED lights. This material is known for its nearly unbreakable durability and for being almost completely clear. This is why we recommend clear polycarbonate for all of our LED light extrusion projects. You will be confident that your LED housings will work seamlessly.
- Clear polycarbonate can be used as a clear tube for LED. One of the best usages for an extruded polycarbonate is as an LED tube. Durable and recognized by Underwriters Laboratory for its durability, clear tubes for LED lights are best manufactured using the extrusion process.
Want to learn more about LED tubes and how we can use clear polycarbonate to give you just the right finished product? Call Extrudex today for more information. Our team of expert plastic engineers will be happy to chat with you about your needs and how we can work with you to complete your LED tube design. Call now!