Plastic extrusion technology has wide ranging applications in the construction industry and the products are now being used in both residential and commercial applications. Here are just a few of the ways that extruded plastics in many materials are being used for construction:
- Window channels. One of the more traditional uses for extruded plastics in construction, window channels keep glass in place and help to keep water and insulation in place.
- Door insulation. Used around doors, extruded plastic weather stripping helps energy efficient homes to stay that way. New, integrated plastic door insulation means less assembly and time spent on site by construction crews and laborers who need to put doors together.
- Bath fittings. Plumbers are benefitting from new extruded plastics that help to prevent water leakage on fixtures. These fittings can save time and prevent damage to expensive cabinetry and flooring.
- Electrical parts. Many plastic couplers and caps are now being extruded and used by construction professionals who specialize in electrical installation at residential and commercial sites.
- Garage door sealing parts. With more and more homes looking for ways to become energy efficient, garages are getting a close look. One of the newest trends is to add extruded weather stripping to the edges and base of the door. This prevents water, snow and wind from entering the garage. Specially molded trim for the bottom of the door compresses when the door closes, providing a complete seal.
As you can see, there are a ton of uses for plastic extrusions on construction sites. Call Extrudex today for more information on how we can help utilize our extrusion processes for your construction or building product. Call now to take advantage of our rapid prototyping service.