Acrylics are one of the most commonly used materials in plastic extrusions. They offer a wide variety of benefits and can be used in many environments that are not suited to other materials. Why choose acrylic for your next plastic extrusion project? Here are just a few reasons:
- Acrylics are readily available. Acrylic materials are made from acrylic acid, a byproduct of gasoline and ethylene production. Once this byproduct is collected, it can be developed into thermoplastic materials which can then be extruded into products.
- Acrylics are clear and durable. One of the benefits of using acrylics is that they are optically clear and will last for a long period of time. The clarity that acrylics provide is much like a window. These materials are also ideal for creating transparent barriers between two other materials or objects that need to have spacing or protection.
- Acrylics are widely used. The applications for acrylics are varied. Currently, acrylic extrusions are utilized for everything from window panes to aquarium panels. Acrylic tubes are seen widely in the medical industry and are also used by chemical companies during processing. The benefit is that users can see exactly what is going through the tube to prevent issues.
- Acrylics have excellent material properties. In addition to being clear, there are acrylics that are very durable and flexible. This flexibility allows for tubes to deliver chemicals and liquids without the risk of spillage, cracking or breaks, preventing accidents, injury and damage to goods or other products. This is just one of the reasons that acrylics are so popular.
- Acrylics can be used in traditional extrusion processes. This versatile material can be used in the extrusion process without significant changes to the line or to the process making it an excellent choice.
For more information on how acrylics can benefit your company, call Extrudex today!